The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Sunday 3 June 2012

Golden Jubilee...


What can say today on a day of all days? I must confess I am caught up in the excitement of the Queen's Golden Jubilee. I confess that I am a royalist, I love my Queen and I am inexplicable drawn to her. This is also the eve of my daughter's birthday, she becomes an adult tomorrow! I simply cannot believes it! It is always at times like this I miss my twin Folashade!

We celebrated and remembered the 40th anniversary of my father's death on the 18th of May, there was a build up to the day. I wrote an academic paper, awaiting publication and I was determined to celebrate his achievements. I visited his old office at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs and used Facebook to tell his story. At the Institute I was in search of old photographs only to discover I had more than the Institute had. I was also able to meet with the current Director-General who was pleased to see me.

I enjoyed our University of Lagos Staff School Reunion in Nigeria, I spoke extempore about how reserved I was at school, and told them that when I got to secondary school (King's College, Lagos) I found Jesus and found my voice.

And at work, times are very interesting and I am relishing the opportunity to make my mark, fulfilling the potential I feel I have knowing that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Thank you Folashade for all you have been to me!

1 comment:

  1. This is from a Facebook friend from the Lone Twin Network: "Olu, such lovely words. I was in my dark place yesterday and I didn't want to be here anymore. But I put my thoughts down on this page and a lady whom I'm happy to call my new friend, spoke to me and just talking has helped so much. I will always go into my dark place, even after 11 years when I lost my identical twin sister. But every one here has been through the same thing and there is HOPE xxxxx"

    ReplyDelete