The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Half Term…...

It is the half term week when the kids are off and things take a slower pace, the roads are less busy and one can relax a bit. However, its not so for me, work continues, including travel to Hertfordshire tomorrow and a meeting in London with my brother and brother-in-law (Folashade's husband).

With my mother


With my brother-in-law

The family with my mother on her birthday

Me

I have come across some Summer snaps taken by my sister-in-law, my brother's wife, capturing the lives of my nieces and my mother's birthday. One of the pictures is one of me and my mother and it captures how so much I resemble her, the smile and the use of facial gestures to give a hint or two to ones mood.

Each day i remind myself of the selfless and remarkable sacrifice of the woman, my mother, she really is the topmost of all human beings! My twin sister never made her forget it and was incredibly close to her. I do wonder how she is coping, but i know that the gift of my twin's children is what sees her through on a day to day basis. There is a lot for us to celebrate.

This life is so short and we can waste it or live it to its fullest, I know what my choice is!

1 comment:

  1. Misbah Adedayo Oleolo15 February 2012 at 23:05

    Dear Olu,
    The reason why I wanted to get in touch was I only realised yesterday about Shade. I was hoping I could speak with you in person. I really feel that these impersonal media should not be used for such purposes.

    With the kindest or regards,

    Oleolo

    ReplyDelete