The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Sunday 12 February 2012

My Unbeatable Twin!

It has been some time since I wrote in or even visited my blog and a lot has happened since then! We have had the big freeze with snow everywhere, I have attended my last counselling session and was away in Suffolk on retreat with my fellow Directors. But its good to be back to my blogging ways again.

Picture of my daughters on the way to church.


I was thinking today about the last words I said in the presence of my twin sister, when I said 'It is well with you' as my brother, cousin 'Ronke and myself retired late in the night to go home. I was never to see her alive again, even though I prayed and spoke to her over the phone in the subsequent night. I am certain that she entered heaven with the sounds of worship and praise.

Folashade was a leader in every respect and when we were young would brook no nonsense whilst I sought to play the diplomatic game. She always said it as it is, no messing, no fancy words! I was asked where I felt I was at the last session with my counsellor and I was clear that the pain remains raw, the loss deep but I have acquired the tools to cope with it. I have come a long away since the dark days of last September, a way to go yet but I will forever miss her, my unique, my fashionable and unbeatable twin!

No comments:

Post a Comment