The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Now Is The Time To Build!

I am now beginning to feel comfortable about the memories of my twin sister, oh! Please do not misunderstand me, I do miss Folashade so terribly. The point, however, is that her memories now propels me to be better to reach out for something more substantial and of eternal value. For I am determined that those around me realise the value of life and not waste it pretending to be what they are not.

I have spent too much time stumbling around in the dark, clutching at straws, sleeping while it is day, when the challenge of the hour and of our time requests a definitive daily response from me. I might have focused more on things of earthly substance rather than on things of eternal value, I might have wallowed away in self absorption rather than in being a dynamo for Christ. And yet the time is passing by, the years are moving so fast, or so it seems!

Passing by, because yesterday on my wife's prompting I realised it is 19 years of marriage. How the time flies you might say. Yes but time is not neutral, we, each one of us must take it, master it and use it for the wider benefit of the kingdom. Now is not time for human imperialism of building our early kingdom, now is the time for heavenly imperialism of Building God's kingdom!

So today as our birthday approaches on the 2nd of March I make a solemn vow; that I will preserve Folashade's memory, climb mountains to help the oppressed, run the distance to let the gospel be proclaimed, go into virgin territories so that Christ alone might be glorified! So help me God!

No comments:

Post a Comment