The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Sunday 22 April 2012

You Are My Family…..


Dear Kayode,

How are you and how is life.(sic) Happy new Year & a Prosperous '91, How was your xmas(sic) I hope it has was not too dry & cold for you?…..the wedding plans are going on as expected I just hope nothing flops…..Ade just bought a new car it is a 505 pegeuot ST.2.0…It is really nice. Debo's graduation is towards the end of January…..

That was an except from a letter my twin wrote to me on 3rd January 1991.

She ended it by referring to her records which she sent to me:

…please take good care of them they are my life records,….

I spent the greater part of today searching for this letter, I am so glad I found it! The letter reveals the kind of person my twin was. Organised, factual, caring and above all very special. She was not to know in 1991 that by 2010 she would be gone and her life would be firmly in the Father's hands. She dwelt on my welfare, moved on to the organisation of her wedding plans and celebrated the good fortune of her husband to be, Ade before proceeding to emphasis the obvious about her records.

I say many times that I miss my twin, but I go on about it, because she always organised us and she knew instinctively the solutions to many a complex problem. I miss her today as my brother and myself are trying to resolve some issues around the family.

I am focused now on thinking how to mark the 40th anniversary of my father, a man who was also cut short in his prime, when he was the (ag.)Director-General of the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs on 18th May 1972.

I shall take the rest of today very easy after a most hectic week of travels and attendance at a wedding yesterday. Here are some pictures to brighten your day and give you hope of a better tomorrow.



I have learnt that all those who urge me on and encourage me are all my family and I thank you for being there!





No comments:

Post a Comment