The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Wednesday 18 April 2012

A Blast of Tears...


I have just returned from the gym and discovered that after a day of overnight travel I have put on a kilogramme. But that is not really the object of today's blog, it is more about intense feelings of grief I displayed whilst alone in the local gym car park.

I wailed and wailed, the last time I cried like that was when the remains of my twin was being laid to rest in the grave.

However, In the midst of the tears and wailings I wrote this, I do not know what to call it, but I am impressed to share it with you:

"You will always be my twin. I see a twin so lovely, so beautiful and so serene.

Oh my twin, Folashade, oh my dear and only sister.

Everyday you tried to be the best you could.

You will always be a hero to me. I wonder up in heaven whether they know what you achieved in your short sojourn in this world?

For you were a healer, the one who reconciled us all.

One day when I am old and the Father calls, I shall rejoin you
where you dwell and on that day God will be fully glorified.

Oh Shade, my own very dear twin, everyday, my thoughts dwell on you, for you will always be my hero!"

Thank you for reading my blog.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful
    Thank you,
    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Lindy..it came out of rawness and hope the beauty of it blesses others...

    ReplyDelete