The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Saturday 30 June 2012

The Prize...


One my Facebook page a few days ago I mimicked the popular Nigerian Pentecostal chorus routinely sang in various circles, 'double, double every time na double, double…' by saying travel, 'travel…every time na travel, travel…'This is in reference to my constant travelling, finding myself in various UK cites by the day and week.

I am glad my journeys are not fruitless or needless but are all in the pursuit of transforming lives. Many atimes I feel unworthy of such a high calling but here I am and I am determined to make a difference. However, we need so much in terms of financial support to continue to make this a reality. You may wish to contact me for more details or visit www.friendsinternational.org.uk

I also continue the travel on my journey through grief, I read a book last week titled 'Surprised by grief', a powerful account of a widow bereft by the loss of her husband and thrown into whirlpool of helplessness, hurt and bitterness. Eventually after the loss of her job and re-creation of her identity was able to move on and find her worth in Christ. Whilst our stories are similar in many respects it does differ in one crucial aspect.

My difficulty, however, is that unlike a wife, husband or even any other sibling, moving on for twins is much more complicated. Twinship is part of what and who we are and so loss of one does not simply create the space nor opportunity to move on. However, as believers we are challenged to focus on the eternal hope to come, that so certain and also so inevitable.

Today we celebrate Tomife, my twin's 2nd daughter who won a price at school, Folashade will have been so proud of her. That is the way to go girl!
My mother with 'Tomife..

No comments:

Post a Comment