The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Tuesday 3 July 2012

My Aches and Pains..


The aches and pains I have felt since Friday have been of an excruciating kind, the kind that interrupts several nights' rest.

The Monday morning emerged with me facing minimal appetite for work, after a struggle with some tasks, I signed off for the day and proceeded to the dentist. I am grateful that today I am receiving treatment from the dentist to address the aches my gum has caused.

When I look back however, I feel and know, I will have exchanged this ache and pain for my twin to be around, alive and kicking. The gap is still too huge, the pain so raw and on a daily basis it constantly pokes me in the face. It remains so unreal, yet so real.

The only redemption of that ache and pain, is not the dentist or doctor but living my life fully for Christ. That is what I seek and intend to do and doing that means excelling in everything that God has committed into my hands and not staying on the margins or sidelines of issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment