The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Monday 24 September 2012

Time to End…..


Until today I never thought I would reach the stage of drawing the curtains on my entries into this blog. I want to thank those who were patient with me when it seemed my grief would never end. Those who accepted my uniqueness as a twin, even when it defied understanding, the many that did not perceive my travails as an indulgence.

It was your sensitive understanding of my plight and my very painful circumstances that has brought me to this place. A place of hope, a place where the memory of my twin will never die, a place where I can begin to compile my blog into a book that will bless and help many others. I am even grateful for those through rebuke urged me to move 'forward', that itself played its part.

You have all enabled me to build a fitting memorial to my twin's memory and I will never forget you. Folashade is smiling right now and so she should.

My situation and life is transformed forever, there will always be a big space for my twin, but now is the time to proceed to a different level….

1 comment:

  1. A fellow twin just shared this in response to my blog: "Your blog is a perfect example of how we can somehow find the strength to move on with our lives, albeit in a different way without our twin, but also with hope. I believe we must have hope and that our twins would want us to keep that hope to move on with our lives. One of my favourite quotes is 'grief is the price we pay for love' and I feel lucky to have had the love me and Carmel shared even though she is not physically here with me now, that is something that no-one can ever take away from me. Take care Olu xx"

    ReplyDelete