The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Sunday 9 September 2012

Heaven has gained another Saint..


I have been in the know for over a few months that the very best of the doctors in Canada had given up on my friend. That the only recourse we had was prayer of the fervent nature. However, God had better ideas and took my friend, my twin sister's chief bridesmaid and best mate to heaven. I am unable to reveal her name at this stage in order to allow the family share the news in their own time and the most apt way.

I have kept wondering why my friend and my twin, so inseparable at university and law school suffered from the same affliction two years apart. I wondered with a friend yesterday, was it the water, the mobile gas cooker the used in Moza? They started university together, read the same course, repeated a year together and graduated from law school together. The mind is in a whirl...

Your smile, your elegance, your considered speech, all these combined to make you the unique person you were. Your pedigree was never in question, yet you did not carry yourself with boastfulness but rather with the humility of a saint. You made a deep impression on my twin, you were always a point of reference to her and now you are reunited together.

My brother-in-law, 'Shade's husband, whom I confided in, broke the news that our friend had departed and gone to heaven. What is certain, what is sure, is that she is now reunited in heaven with my dearest Folashade. You like my twin sister will be sorely missed, Adieu, till we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment