The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Tuesday 6 March 2012

A Dream..

I really should be preparing for a devotion I am giving at a work's away day tomorrow but find myself compelled to write and share on our blog. It could be because of the encouragement I have received from Lindy or simply because of the experience I had yesterday.

I had clear and vivid dream about my grief for my sister, in the dream I held on to a relative crying hysterically that Folashade cannot go and pleaded that she should be brought back. After the high of the past few days, particularly feeling that I survived our birthday, this brought me back to earth and the reality of the roller coster that grief sometimes presents.

At a meeting of Nigerian Christians yesterday, I met a lady friend of mine who asked how my birthday went and why I bought no cake, when I mentioned the pain I still felt, she immediately grasped it and was extremely sympathetic, she understood. However, am not sure many really do, but our book which I am hoping to write will try to ensure that many more do.

There is, however, much to look forward to, on the 24th of March in Nottingham, there is the annual meeting of The Lone Twin Network, a group of twin survivors who do a fantastic job supporting and encouraging one another. It is is a free open space with an abundance of love, where no judgement is passed and no one imposes their own view of how and when grief should look like. They simply understand because they have been there and leave with the realities of loss every day. I have also received my indulgence which am rather enjoying, you may guess what it is.

I continue to acknowledge my loss, I deal with it in the best way I can and I keep on ensuring that my twin's memories lives on forever in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment