The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Saturday 3 March 2012

Tomorrow Has Come


Today is not too bad actually and yesterday, our birthday, was more bearable than I felt it would be. I felt my twin’s presence and that she was rejoicing in heaven. I also received so many, so very many kind wishes, and sweet messages from friends, relatives and acquaintances. They came flooding like the River Nile, through the post, the Facebook, emails, BlackBerry messenger and of course the telephones. It was overwhelming, so supportive and yet so soothing but I also still felt the need to splash out just to make me feel better. Now I must work hard over the next months to fund my extravaganza.

I started the day listening to this song on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=HE9tTqr5A0c by WHITNEY HOUSTON AND CECE WINANS-COUNT ON ME

I hope the song would bring you some relief or even better some inspiration to keep on going, no matter what you are facing in your life.

The truth is that life simply moves on, the challenges keep on coming, inspiration continues to emerge and we, that have been bereaved must find away through it all even when we are misunderstood because of cultural bias and the lot to keep on standing, to keep on moving and to keep on winning.

As a twin, I can certainly say today that tomorrow has come, it will be a while yet before I am reunited with Folashade, but I am certain that it will happen and I look forward to that day, when all saints shall be reunited and Alleluia shall be the constant refrain!

No comments:

Post a Comment