The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Wednesday 4 April 2012

The Promise of A Generation..

The past few days have been something of a challenge, not in relation to my twin loss but to other matters of life. I think it is in hand now, so I am less worried about it. But suddenly it did make me realise that I had not felt the need to blog in recent times, showing, I guess how far I have come since the dark, dark days of my loneliness and grief.

I am looking forward to a quiet Easter period this year, in previous years I have filled it with some ministry activity or the other. It will be good to simply relax and reflect on the awesomeness of our Lord.

My nieces and nephews are in Nigeria at the moment with their father and my own mother, I should see them next month when I visit Nigeria for a reunion event. I am so looking forward to it. I am not so sure Folashade would have cared so much to be reunited to our primary school classmates but I am sure I would have dragged her along.

It will be good to celebrate the wonderful ladies and gentlemen who are doing a remarkable thing by coming together after so long. The reunion of University of Lagos Staff School,1977 set reminds me of a quote I used sometime ago in my newspaper column:
Every generation has promise but every generation fails that promise in some respect, how can we not for what is promise if it its something impossible to live up to? But failed promise only truly fails when it leads to lower expectations.
I have shared it with my old classmates as a challenge, challenge that we do not simply owambe and go and my prayer is that it does not simply become mere words. My friend, Toyin Adesola has just assured me saying:
I believe this reunion is just a beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment