The Twins

The Twins
Olukayode and Folashade: 1988 During His Call to Bar

Sunday 22 July 2012

All Fun and Games….


My nieces, my twin's two daughters are with us on holiday. It has been good to hear them reminisce about their mother without the hint of pain which they must surely feel.

Today as we were returning from the church service they talked freely about who was my twin's favourite. I am happy that children cope better with grief than we adults for it would have been unbearable to cope with theirs as well as mine.

I have learnt so many things from my nieces about my twin and sometimes I feel a tinge of guilt. Guilt that my living in England, thousands of miles away robbed me of valuable and quality time with Folashade.

I was struck by what one of my nieces said, In her opinion because I was her mother's twin she feels that anything she could ask from her mother she can ask of me as her mother's twin. She went on tho say we were one and the same thing. That is the best thing I have heard since my twin passed on, I can now accept it for it brought an overwhelming joy to my heart, a smile and confidence to face the future.

What is evident now is that my twin's memory soldiers on and that she will never die.

No comments:

Post a Comment